Sunday, May 25, 2008

In Vanuatu


Made it after 10 days to Tanna. Currently in Port Vila. The passage up wasn't bad. I have a little video clip that I've been trying to upload that just isn't going to make it. They barely had internet on Tanna. Some Norwegian cruisers and I tracked down a "computer school" where the teacher's computer had a dial up account set up....
Updates will be sparse as there isn't going to be any internet let alone electricity where I will be headed for the next month or so...
Pic is of Port Resolution.
I'll post a few more pics the next time I come to town and abandon the movies for now.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to here you made it ok , good time to 10 days is quick .
How was the passage

Jonas said...

Passage was easy. There was a major low right under me at the end. I didn't get caught by it but it bent the winds around to the north to 30 knots for about a day. A day after I made it in, I heard boats at Minerva reporting gusts of 47 knots from the west.