Saturday, May 30, 2009

1996 Flashback

The novelty of Port Louis is starting to wear off. This place feels like being on the campus of one of those two year vocational business colleges. Loads of minorities all "dressed for success" working grunt office jobs in the financial district where there are a lot of foreign corporations represented. The rest of the population is screaming at the top of their lungs, "cinquante, cinquante" while standing infront of a pile of plastic clothespins...

I've had to do a whole lot of custom CMAP printing of my "new" route as my destinations have changed given the piracy situation. The printer, generously donated by a fellow cruiser, also has a scanner! I just figured this out...

The dawn shot is the approach to Mazatlan, Mexico, and the at anchor shot is San Blas, Mexico. These photos are all from my first cruise aboard a Pearson Vanguard I did in the mid 1990's.


No comments: