Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Paramaribo, Surinam

My head is starting to spin with all this grinding. Over five thousand miles sailed, four countries and all this without having spent more than three nights in a row in the same anchorage since I left Simonstown over two months ago. I am starting to identify with being on the boat more than on land.

I doubt I will stay here more than a couple of days. I'll take a break (maybe a week in one place!) in Trinidad, maybe, because things need to be done to the boat, otherwise it is still the fast track to Cartagena where I look forward to taking a break from sailing. Sit around,learn Spanish and try and score good deals on boat gear from those "stuck" cruisers - the ones selling bits and pieces of their boat to keep the habit going. I am sure there is a lot more to Columbia than cheap cocaine...

2 comments:

Dottie said...

err you identify more with being on boats than land... this cannot be! lol :) the earth must sway beneath your feet

Sean said...

Cheap cocaine eh? J/K. Keep on grinding man, It'll be worth it when you get to Cartegena.