Sunday, November 8, 2009

Maputo


Got into Maputo today. Check out that gale infront of Richard's Bay tomorrow. I was getting my butt pushed with high twenties last night listening to everyone freaking out on the Peri Peri net. Boats by me that didn't want to play the "officials" roulette here in Mozambique and were desperately trying to make Richards before the gale were asking Roy, the net controller, how wide the entrance at Richard's Bay is and how a fifteen foot swell would affect the landing. Those conditions are for today and as for tomorrow, I don't think anyone would want to be in those waters... At my pace I would have made Richards early on the 9th which would have been too late.

I am now using the Port Captain's computer while he is away. Who knows what the bad news will be money wise. Once they get wind I didn't play ball in Ilha, they will start to squeeze. I already am getting hit for twenty a day at the small boat harbour. It is blowing like stink outside so no anchoring... They originally wanted fifty a day and after a bunch of theatrics on both of our parts it came down to twenty. Immigration and the Captain are next.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

am finally able to understand what heavy winds look like on weatherpassage site. yowza. good to see you here. what's next?